What Google thinks of Mobile Marketing
In February 2010 Google’s CEO Eric Schmidt announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona that Google will consider “mobile first” in all future endeavors. Anything Google creates from here on out will be first placed on the mobile platform and then be worked around for the desktop. He concluded by saying, “Mobile is pretty much the answer on everything,” announcing a major shift in Google’s strategy.
Mobile Marketing Facts
- Mobile has the broadest reach. Mobile: 4.8 billion vs. Internet: 1.7 billion users
- 5 Billion Mobile users expected in 2010 – World population is 6.8 Billion
- There are almost 5 times more mobile devices than computers
- The only marketing media that reaches consumers while they are on the go
- Mobile has 5X better sales conversion rates than online
- Mobile has 7X better coupon redemption rates than online & offline
- Mobile has much less media competition (online & email overcrowded)
- Mobile device is personal (extension of the person)
- 270 million mobile subscribers in the U.S. 91% of them keep their phone within 3 feet of themselves 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
- Very few businesses are using it. Mobile marketing is where internet marketing was in 2000. Get a huge head start by using Mobile Marketing NOW!
What Mobile Marketing Can Do For Your Business?
91% of Americans have mobile phones. 20% of them (about 45 million people) have phones with Internet capability. Do you have a plan for using mobile phone marketing for your business? Is if not, then you’re missing out on a huge opportunity to connect with your customers and potential customers even while they’re on the go.
Here are just a few of the things we can do for your business:
- Mobile Websites
- Local Search Optimization for Mobile
- Mobile Advertising
- Call Tracking
No business can afford to ignore mobile marketing in this day and age. Market Web Group uses the latest in mobile advertising, maps optimization, and more to develop a marketing strategy that will help your business to flourish.